Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

boobies and world records

My boobs don't get a lot of glory. They are not particularly fabulous, and honestly more of a nuisance to me than anything with my risk for breast cancer, but as a breastfeeding mom I think they deserve some props occasionally (note I said "they deserve props," not "they need propped up"). So I decided that Thelma and Louise should be part of a world record.

There aren't many records the three of us are up to, but if you add in the baby and make it a team of four, we are up to this one:

The Big Latch On is one way to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week and get to be part of a world record. On August 6th at 10:30 AM lots of mothers will be latching their babies on at a variety of locations world wide for at least one minute of breastfeeding, thereby trying for a world record of the most women breastfeeding simultaneously. You must be part of an official location in order to be counted, and lucky me one is walking distance from our house! While I may take a slightly sarcastic approach to breastfeeding in general, it is something that I am proud to promote and believe in the value of greatly.

You don't have to be a breastfeeding mama to help (though clearly it would be creepy if you tried to participate) by spreading the word or checking with an official location to see if they need any help on that day.

Creepy dudes hoping for a free show need not apply. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!