Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

revisiting the time toilet

the original
So my last post was all back patty goodness regarding my finally doing something productive with Pinterest.  I was sooo happy with myself, until I realized that I had neither a place for the item in question, nor did I have the pen I needed to make it work.

Well crap.

It wouldn't be me if there wasn't some kind of face-plant-moment.  Its not rocket surgery or brain science, but I have a tendency to go big go home/over think everything, so the end result is that I don't always know where I am going with my brilliant plans, but I am confident in their brilliance none the less.

While my "free" and "easy" project continued haunting my mind  for a while I eventually realized that the only logical thing to do was to completely redo two walls in my house.  This involved digging out frames I had stored for a day I would eventually need them (knew it would happen!), making a run to Hobby Lobby, and covertly asking St Paul via text where the level and drill where in the garage while he sat at work wondering if it was possible for me to put enough holes in the walls to impact the structural integrity of the house.

I also had to completely redo the "i love you because" picture I found  on Pinterest because I needed it to hang vertically and it looked really stupid the way I had it.

The end result is that the "free" and "easy" project that was also so "quick" wound up taking a whole day, costing me about $30 and required the use of 7 different tools and St Paul had no fewer than 5 panic attacks.  This does diminish the bragging I was doing about how I had finally found and used a Pinterest idea so quickly.

Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe.

Anywhoo, here is the new fangdangled "i love you because" picture in my completely re-done hallway, complete with our first lovey-dovey messages to each other.

ta-da!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Printed Word!